ClubGeelySG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rpm returns to zero while on the move, clutching switching gear and engine cuts upon complete stop

4 posters

Go down

rpm returns to zero while on the move, clutching switching gear and engine cuts upon complete stop Empty rpm returns to zero while on the move, clutching switching gear and engine cuts upon complete stop

Post  SomChai88 Mon May 11, 2015 3:33 am

Dear all,

Would like to found out anyone faces the issue of which rpm returns to zero while driving the car and switching gear while on the move, engine cuts and returns upon releasing clutch (just like a jump start situation). The engine cuts off upon coming to a total complete stop while clutching in. Switching off the aircon and sound system, and start the engine again, it works and able to drive again this morning... Anyone faces this issue with Geely CK (Manual Transmission)? Pls appreciate advise and pointers pls...

SomChai88

Back to top Go down

rpm returns to zero while on the move, clutching switching gear and engine cuts upon complete stop Empty Re: rpm returns to zero while on the move, clutching switching gear and engine cuts upon complete stop

Post  CoolzMK Mon May 11, 2015 4:05 pm

SomChai88 wrote:Dear all,

Would like to found out anyone faces the issue of which rpm returns to zero while driving the car and switching gear while on the move, engine cuts and returns upon releasing clutch (just like a jump start situation). The engine cuts off upon coming to a total complete stop while clutching in. Switching off the aircon and sound system, and start the engine again, it works and able to drive again this morning... Anyone faces this issue with Geely CK (Manual Transmission)? Pls appreciate advise and pointers pls...

Maybe you could check on the battery positive terminal there is a square black fuse box attached to the terminal. check if the fuse is ok. this part is really hard to find. last time there is a owner fuse box melted because of the engine bay heat. and causes the fuses to burnt. than car cant start.
CoolzMK
CoolzMK

Back to top Go down

rpm returns to zero while on the move, clutching switching gear and engine cuts upon complete stop Empty Re: rpm returns to zero while on the move, clutching switching gear and engine cuts upon complete stop

Post  aj bayu Mon May 11, 2015 4:34 pm

The problem is mine CK,, is wenever mycar almost stop n clutch in,the RPM goes up to almost 2... seriously i dont know y

aj bayu

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolzMK Mon May 11, 2015 11:59 pm

aj bayu wrote:The problem is mine CK,, is wenever mycar almost stop n clutch in,the RPM goes up to almost 2... seriously i dont know y

when idling (stationary at red light), does your RPM goes up and down?
CoolzMK
CoolzMK

Back to top Go down

Post  aj bayu Tue May 12, 2015 9:06 am

Nope it stays at 0...
Only wen it almost complete stop and clutch in,,the RPM moves up to 2 before coming to a halt...
I did not step on the gas though

aj bayu

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolzMK Tue May 12, 2015 12:35 pm

aj bayu wrote:Nope it stays at 0...
Only wen it almost complete stop and clutch in,,the RPM moves up to 2 before coming to a halt...
I did not step on the gas though

ok for this.. there are few possible causes. does this happen on day 1 when you buy your car till now?

1) idling step motor is about to be faulty (which is highly the problem but may not)
2) or could be your throttle sensor that is also the suspect.
3) speedo meter is spoil
CoolzMK
CoolzMK

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolzMK Tue May 12, 2015 12:36 pm

By the way what is the mileage now on you guy's CK now?
CoolzMK
CoolzMK

Back to top Go down

Post  aj bayu Tue May 12, 2015 2:14 pm

Wa lao....mine only 26000 leh.. dont know whether its true or not..
Mine 2nd hand car

aj bayu

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolzMK Tue May 12, 2015 2:19 pm

aj bayu wrote:Wa lao....mine only 26000 leh.. dont know whether its true or not..
Mine 2nd hand car

26K opc? hmm maybe u can ask ur mech when u go for servicing?
CoolzMK
CoolzMK

Back to top Go down

Post  cockadoo Fri May 22, 2015 7:20 am

Hi i am also having something very similar like that. It all starter that with rpm cannot hold the idling, i have to jack rabbit the car home, the min my foot of the accelerator it stalled. Next when i reach home it manage to idle by at very high rpm then normal also i forget to mention the engine mal function light also appear on the dash board, Can anyone help or advice please i going nut areadi. anyone can advice a mechanic or where to get spare, please ctc me @ 97555750

cockadoo

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolzMK Fri May 22, 2015 3:01 pm

cockadoo wrote:Hi i am also having something very similar like that. It all starter that with rpm cannot hold the idling, i have to jack rabbit the car home, the min my foot of the accelerator it stalled. Next when i reach home it manage to idle by at very high rpm then normal also i forget to mention the engine mal function light also appear on the dash board, Can anyone help or advice please i going nut areadi. anyone can advice a mechanic or where to get spare, please ctc me @ 97555750

basically i think your idle step motor is faulty already. Another possible maybe your throttle sensor is faulty also. Do have sent it for a check.
CoolzMK
CoolzMK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down